What is NDIS?
Welcome to Rise. The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is here and in our Perth community!
From 1 July 2014 Western Australia started participating in two two-year trials of the NDIS; the NDIS trial and the NDIS WA trial.
The trials are running in different locations:
- Commonwealth Government’s NDIS trial run by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) in the Perth Hills (City of Swan, Shire of Mundaring, Shire of Kalamunda)
- State Government’s NDIS WA trial in the Lower South West (Augusta-Margaret River, Boyup Brook, Bridgetown-Greenbushes, Busselton, Donnybrook-Balingup, Manjimup, Nannup. Cockburn and Kwinana also joined on 1 July 2015). As a Perth Metropolitan provider, at Rise we provide support in the Cockburn and Kwinana area only.
Both trials are accessible as follows:
- By people with disability who are up to the age of 65 and;
- The person has an impairment that is likely to be permanent and the impairment makes it difficult to take part in everyday activities and;
- The person needs to meet disability or early intervention requirements, as well as age and residence requirements.
Rise has been a leading provider of services for people with a disability and those with a mental health issue for over 30 years in the Perth Hills trial site, so we are excited for the people in our community and further afield in Cockburn and Kwinana where we can also provide support.
To find out about the NDIS and NDIS WA services we offer, visit our NDIS Services page.
Our staff are ready to have a conversation with you, to pass on the information we have and work with the local agency, for you, your family and carer to have choice and control by:
- outlining the ways you can manage the funding for the supports in your plan
- providing information about which supports you utilise and how you manage these supports
- ensuring that the planning process is about your goals, needs and preferences
To find out more or talk to one of our team
- Use our step by step guide to find out if you are eligible
- Phone us: (08) 6274 3700
- Email us: email@example.com
- Website: Complete the Get Help form
- If you are living in one of the trial sites you will be entered into NDIS based on your postcode and the source of your current funding. Find out more about NDIS Perth Hills here or NDIS WA here.
- If you wish to find out if you are able to access assistance from NDIS in the Perth Hills Trial Site, visit My Access Checker
- If you wish to find out if you are able to access assistance from NDIS WA in the Lower South West and Cockburn and Kwinana Trial Sites, please contact us.