When you hear the word ‘peer worker’ what this means is a staff member has a lived experience of a mental health challenge. At Rise we have a number of trained staff who are peer workers and what they bring to the team and for individuals is invaluable.
At Rise, we put you first, rather than services and funding, focusing on your strengths, needs, hopes and dreams.
We know that each of us is unique and every person has individual needs, goals, ideas and dreams for their life.
If you are challenged with a persistent mental health challenge and you are considering what kind of support you might like from us, it is very important for you to know that this is your life and your choice, and that you are in control, not us.
However, what helps us provide great Individual Support is understanding a little more about YOU:
When we know more about you, we can tailor an individual plan which links you with the right staff, drawing on our 30 years of experience and breadth of service areas to come alongside you to live your life.
Some of the areas you might be interested in are:
- Social connection, friendships and social skills
- Reigniting passions, talents or interests
- Financial management, budgeting and bill payment
- Managing daily living needs
- Finding and keeping a home
- Volunteering and work
- Training and education
- Health and well-being; physical activity, dental, addiction support
- Family connections
- Life skill development; confidence, self-esteem and resilience
- Peer led (people with a lived experience of mental health challenges) groups and training
We hope there is something we can offer you on your recovery journey and to live a life that is meaningful and fulfilling for you.