Peer Work Course
- Are you a wondering what it would take to become a support worker?
- Are you a person who has experienced mental illness and have a lived experience of recovery?
- Do you have a desire to help others?
This course just might be for you! We’ll show you just what being a support worker is about and discuss study options and pathways. The course costs $50 and includes a workbook.
Our next course
Next information morning: 13th October 2017 10.00 am – 1.30pm
Next course commences: Friday 27th October (9.30 – 3.30, running for 6 consecutive weeks. The course ends on Friday 1st December.
Check out the flyer for the course here.
Course material designed in conjunction with Baptist Care (SA) Inc.
- Recovery Principles
- Types of Peer Work
- Understanding Mental Illness
- Workplace Communication and Culture
- Working with Small Groups
- Goal Setting
- The Peer Worker–Client Relationship
- Conducting a Presentation
- Looking After Your Health
- Sharing Your Experience Safely
- Mental Health Services; acronyms, jargon and resources
If you’d like to talk to someone or put your name down for the next course, please email Rebecca.Fitzpatrick@risenetwork.com.au or call 0447 855 693.
Participants for the course are selected from the people who have attended the Information Session and completed the Application Form.
We look forward to meeting you.
The Rise Mental Health Team
Partnership in Facilitation with:
- Mental Illness Fellowship Western Australia
- Course material designed in conjunction with Baptist Care (SA) Inc.