The Disability Services Commission has been planning local, individualised plan-based funding for several years. Next year, in 2017 the Commission will be ready to roll into this scheme.
This change means that the NDIS will no longer operate funding based on just past budget allocations. It will move in a direction where funding is based on an individuals assessment of needs.
Currently, this change does not affect people from Rise who are in the NDIS Perth Hills trial or the WA NDIS trial in Cockburn-Kwinana.
Key NDIS dates and area trials:
- From 1st October 2016, the WA NDIS will continue in Cockburn and Kwinana. It will expand into areas of Armadale, Murray, and Serpentine-Jarrahdale.
- From 1st January 2017, the National Disability Insurance Agency will continue in Swan, Kalamunda and Mundaring. It will expand its trial to include Bayswater, Bassendean, Chittering, Toodyay, York and Northam.
- Both of these trials will be extended until 30 June 2017.
- The full WA NDIS roll out will be announced in October 2016.
- Rise will keep you informed about the progress of NDIS as they develop.
If you have any queries or would like to learn more, please check the information links below:
NDIS Further Information
Please email@example.com or by phone on (08) 6274 3700
Read Akesa’s story about how NDIS funding allowed her to live a more active and enjoyable life.