What is NDIS?
Welcome to Rise. The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is here and in our Perth community!
In Western Australia, there are currently two ongoing trials of the National Disability Scheme, one administered by the Commonwealth Government, and one (WA NDIS) administered by the State.
Irrespective of the trial, what NDIS means to the participant is greater flexibility, choice and opportunity to live a great life.
Rise has been delivering NDIS funded services since the trial began in July 2014.
Both trials are accessible as follows:
- By people with disability who are up to the age of 65 and;
- The person has an impairment that is likely to be permanent and the impairment makes it difficult to take part in everyday activities and;
- The person needs to meet disability or early intervention requirements, as well as age and residence requirements.
Rise has been a leading provider of services for people with a disability and those with a mental health issue for over 30 years in the Perth Hills trial site. We have built on this experience to now support people across the metropolitan area.
To find out about the NDIS and WA NDIS services we offer, visit our NDIS Services page.
Our staff are ready to have a conversation with you, your family and carer, to pass on the information we have, and work with you to:
- outline the ways you can manage the funding for the supports in your plan
- providing information about which supports you utilise and how you manage these supports
- ensuring that the planning process is about your goals, needs and preferences
To find out more or talk to one of our team
- Use our step by step guide to find out if you are eligible
- Phone us: (08) 6274 3700
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Complete the Get Help form
- If you are living in one of the trial sites you will be entered into NDIS based on your postcode and the source of your current funding. Find out more about NDIS Perth Hills here or WA NDIS here.
- If you wish to find out if you are able to access assistance from NDIS in the Perth Hills Trial Site, visit My Access Checker
- If you wish to find out if you are able to access assistance from WA NDIS in the Lower South West and Cockburn and Kwinana Trial Sites, please contact us.