Peer Work Course
- Are you a wondering what it would take to become a support worker?
- Are you a person who has experienced mental illness and have a lived experience of recovery?
- Do you have a desire to help others?
This course just might be for you! We’ll show you just what being a support worker is about and discuss study options and pathways. The course costs $50 and includes a workbook.
Our next course
Next information morning: Monday 26th March 10am start until 2.30pm
Next course commences: Monday 9th April 9.30am – 3.30pm, running for six consecutive Mondays. The course ends on Monday 14th May.
Check out the flyer for the course here.
- Recovery Principles
- Types of Peer Work
- Understanding Mental Illness
- Workplace Communication and Culture
- Working with Small Groups
- Goal Setting
- The Peer Worker–Client Relationship
- Conducting a Presentation
- Looking After Your Health
- Sharing Your Experience Safely
- Mental Health Services; acronyms, jargon and resources
If you’d like to talk to someone or put your name down for the next course, please contact:
- Michael on email@example.com or 0417 857 735.
Participants for the course are selected from the people who have attended the Information Session and completed the Application Form.
We look forward to meeting you.
Partnership in Facilitation with: