NAIDOC week is celebrated across Australia each year to acknowledge the history, culture and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. It is a great opportunity to participate in a range of activities and to support your local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
What’s Happening at Rise?
In an effort to contribute to this week’s festivities, stories and information blurbs about Aboriginal history and culture have been published on the intranet. If you haven’t seen them already, you are encouraged to view for your own knowledge.
There is also a competition (a quiz!) that commenced on the 4th and has now been extended to close at 12pm on Friday the 13th of November. At the conclusion of the quiz, two winners will be selected to win two amazing Aboriginal themed gift hampers. In order to be considered for one of the prizes, you will be required to get all the answers in the quiz correct.
If you’d like to participate;
What’s happening in Perth?
- Complete the quiz here
- Get all the answers correct 😊
There are a range of activities being held both virtually and in person across Perth this year. If you’re interested to find out what they are and participate, please follow this link.
We want to hear from you if!
- You manage to attend any of the NAIDOC activities across Perth this year. Remember to take pictures so they can be shared with the community on our social media pages. It’s a great way to show others who may not have known what’s out there.
- You have some ideas of what else we could be doing better to support our Aboriginal staff and community!
- You know of any other notice boards that are promoting NAIDOC events across Perth or Australia in general!
- You’re not sure what NAIDOC is or why we celebrate it at Rise and you want to know more
NAIDOC is celebrated not only in Indigenous communities, but by Australians from all walks of life so you too can celebrate in your own way big or small!
Happy NAIDOC Week Rise!