Delivered by external training provider – ATI-MIRAGE
Effective leaders have a solid understanding of how their emotions and actions affect the people around them. Every organisation and every team are comprised of people with different strengths, personalities and emotions which can greatly affect the way they work, their health and wellbeing. It affects the way we live. Emotional maturity is not just a goal, it is a practice of life.
- Why we need soft skills to help us achieve hard results
- What is Emotional Intelligence
- Biological basis of EI
Seven Steps to become an emotionally intelligent leader
- Your authentic self – Values and value conflicts
- How do you feel and why does it matter?
- Develop awareness of others
- The language of emotions
- Managing your own emotions
- Managing emotions of others
- Develop consistent practices for self-awareness
Application of EI during important leadership functions
- EI for difficult performance conversations
- EI for dealing with a disengaged team
- EI for enhancing creativity and innovation
- EI for managing change
- EI for effectiveness and influence
- EI for managing conflict
Putting it into practice
- Examine self-awareness
- Discover insights into behaviours and self-management techniques
- Apply 7 strategies to build Emotional Intelligence
- Apply emotional intelligence in leadership functions and situations
- Strategies and practices for improving your leadership
- Improve performance management abilities.
Prerequisite This course requires no prior experience or skills.